Registration open for 5 spots only. Pay the day of the class.
This 3 1/2 hour Defensive Handgun workshop is not for beginners. You must have a valid License to Carry a handgun to take this class. Students will draw and engage targets from concealment though out the entire workshop to develop and reinforce gun-handling skills for self-defense.
We will perform demonstrations on handgun manipulation, moving and shooting, shooting from cover and shooting under stress. We will perform dry and live-fire exercises on paper, rubber and steel targets.
There is lots of moving in this workshop so be prepared. Wear comfortable non-slip shoes.
The workshop will be held at the Guardian Training Agency private range Midland, Texas (Location provided upon registration)
We will cover…
- Firearms safety
- Holster selection, position and accessories
- Brief review of fundamentals such as the draw, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger press
- The concealed draw, reholster and ready positions
- Single handed handgun manipulation
- Physiological response and reaction under stress
- Rapid shots on single and multiple targets
- Standard drill test and evaluations
- Spatial awareness and movement
- Shooting around objects and 3D environments
- A valid License to Carry
- A reliable handgun, sturdy belt and holster
- Magazine holder and at least two magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Cover garment
- Comfortable shoes (lots of moving)
- Water to drink during breaks
- Weather appropriate attire