To receive a Handgun License, you must complete three things.
1. Complete our LTC / CHL training course http://guardiantrainingagency.com/concealed-handgun-licensing $100
- Our fee for our training course includes the training to qualify for a handgun license. The instructors do not process applications or fingerprints; they simply provide the required training.
2. Complete your application to the DPS https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl $140 (unless special conditions)
- You may apply online before or after the training course. The $100 course fee does NOT cover the required administrative fee required by the Texas DPS to process your application which is an additional fee payable to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
3. Process your fingerprints to DPS http://www.identogo.com/FP/texas.aspx $9.95
- Part of the application process involves submitting a set of electronic fingerprints by IdentoGO, they are the exclusive live scan fingerprinting provider for the Texas Department of Public Safety. The fingerprint processing fee is $9.95.
- You may pay for the fingerprints online with a credit card or at the fingerprint location, payment must be made by check or money order, they do not accept cash. The fingerprint locations in Texas can be found here.