SBC Group License to Carry a Handgun Class $80
February 24th, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Notice: This class is not intended to teach someone how to shoot; it is a certification class for a handgun license. If you would like some instruction on how to safely shoot a handgun to qualify for your License to Carry a handgun, please let us know below.
About the class
We provide the class required to get a Texas License to Carry. With this license, you may carry a handgun openly or concealed where allowed. Our experienced instructors present the class in an interesting and engaging manner at our conference room at the ClayDesta Center.
The class is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and consist of 5 hours classroom time and 1 1/2 hours range time, which includes a safety briefing, a quick overview of the shooting fundamentals, 10 warm up shots and a required 50 round course of fire.
To register for our Handgun License class, please complete this contact form. We will email you a confirmation with further details about the class. Be sure to check your email.
We will email a response to your registration request.
The classroom training takes place at our conference room at the ClayDesta Center and the shooting proficiency demonstration takes place at our private outdoor range, which is located a short distance in Midland County.
Items needed for the range portion:
- A handgun
- Two or more magazines makes things easier for you on the firing line
- At least 60 rounds of ammunition. 10 to warm up and 50 for the course of fire
- A holster for your handgun is highly recommended but not required
- Eye and hearing protection (prescription eyeglasses will suffice)
- A ball cap is recommended
- See our page on what to wear to the range
Items needed for the classroom:
- State issued driver’s license or identification card
- Black Pen
- A notepad if you would like to take notes
- Bring your favorite snacks and drinks
*Guardian Training Agency reserves the right to refuse our services to anyone.