October 20, 2018 All Day
3rd Annual FREE First Responder Spouses Handgun Class
Saturday October 20th, 2018 8:00 am - 11:30 am
About the Class
We want to give back to community by providing FREE training to the spouses of First Responders. (Includes police officers, deputy sheriffs, firefighters, paramedics and rescuers)
We will cover firearms safety, holster selection, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger pull and introduction to carrying concealed, multiple targets, movement and tons of other cool stuff.
What past attendees say about the class
I am often alone or with our children due to my husband’s work schedule. Last year, I attended the Law Enforcement Wives Handgun Class. I believe it is essential to have proper knowledge of a firearm to protect ourselves and our loved ones while our husbands are at work.
The exercises and scenarios in the class were realistic and very involved, which was important to me. After the class, I felt more confident about how to handle my firearm. I hope to take this class each year to keep my skills sharp and to learn new tactics for different situations. Thank you for doing this class. - Brittany
- A reliable handgun (We have a few available to loan FREE)
- A holster and a sturdy belt (recommended but not required)
- 150 rounds of ammunition (We have 9mm available FREE)
- Eye and hearing protection (we have a Glock range kit available for $20)
- Weather appropriate attire (no sandals or low-cut shirts)
- Water to drink