What should I wear to the outdoor range?
Outdoor shooting ranges are dusty and the ground is uneven and with small rocks and spent brass casings. We recommend wearing good non-slip shoes for comfort and safety.
Wear clothing that is comfortable but, not too loose that it will get in the way of movement or get caught on something.
- Jeans or cargo pants. You will need pockets for extra magazines or ammo
- A short or long sleeve that tucks into your pants so that you can draw from the holster without any impediment
- Appropriate footwear, sneakers, boots or other shoes used for hiking and walking over outdoor terrain
- A sturdy belt that fits through your pant loops for your holster
- A ball cap to protect your face from flying brass and sun
- Expensive clothes or jewelry. Ear rings not recommended with hearing protection
- A loose or low cut top, or top with an open midriff
- Tight jeans or pants where you can’t store extra magazines or ammunition in the pockets
- No flip flops or heels
- A skinny fashion belt that wouldn’t work well with a holster attached to it.
Don’t worry about your performance. Enjoy the class. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns